so last week I wrote about my frustrating stall. Over the weekend, I went over my eating plan and tried to target some areas where I could make some changes which might stir things up and get the scale moving again. Some areas that caught my attention:
- Over the past few weeks, I’ve been having lunch meat and full fat cheese every day for lunch.
- I haven’t had as many veggies in the past two weeks.
- I’ve been relying a ton on crystal light for my water intake, which had added carbs and artificial sweeteners.
- I added in my intra/pre-workout amino blend in the mornings when I was at the gym.
To resolve these issues, this is what I decided on trying:
- Switch half of my liquid intake to WATER only, with no crystal light.
- Add lemon or lime to my water instead for flavoring.
- Work on increasing my water intake in general. Try to get to 80 oz/day, every day.
- Cut down on the amount of cheese I’m eating in general.
- Cut out the processed lunch meats and replace with actual chicken or steak for lunch.
- Add some healthy fats, like avocado or nuts or olive oil.
- Increase the veg a little. My meal plans had been lacking in veggies the past two weeks. If I want more volume in my meal, I need to make it veggie and not meat/cheese.
- Potentially cut out the amino blend. I really like it, so I’m going to try the other items, and see if that works first.
And I did all this lovely planning and then I got fucking sick. I got a nasty sinus infection/head cold that kept me out of work for 2 days, and so far out of the gym for 3 days. BOO!
I am feeling much better though and the cold is passing. So I decided to weigh myself yesterday morning and the scale showed movement, but I think most of it was due to being sick and not really due to my changes. But I’m down another 6 lbs, so now I’m sitting at 215. I’m going to check it again tomorrow cause I hardly believe it.
But even with that loss, I’m going to keep up on the plan I put in place to see if it continues to work.
Side note: being sick sucks. Before surgery, when I would get sick, I relied on juice and junk food to help me feel better – crackers, pb&j, mcdonalds, chocolate, etc. But I can’t have any of that anymore and it’s annoying and depressing. This is only the second time I’ve been sick since after surgery and I’m still trying to learn what will work for when my stomach gets funky cause of the nasal drip (I know – it’s pleasant to think about it isn’t it!). I mainly ate what I normally ate, but also had peanut butter, which helped with the tum.