This weekend I’ve been so incredibly sore from my workout on Friday. The workout was a 40 minute mini group training – 20 minutes arms and 20 minutes legs. Essentially I did 20 minutes of squats, so my legs and ass are SORE AF! So today, I bought a foam roller to help work out the soreness, especially because I’m gonna keep doing those squats. And I’m gonna start doing some of the arm exercises too as long as they don’t mess with my shoulder injury that’s healing.
So prepped food for the week today. Made all the following:
- Meat sauce with spaghetti squash
- Pulled pork for carnitas tacos and bbq pork
- Egg muffins with ham, cheese, and onions
- Hardboiled eggs
Thought I’d give some info on what I’m actually doing / how I’m cooking everything.
- Meat sauce: Started out dicing an onion and sauting it in a little olive oil. I pulled about 1/2 cup out once they were caramelized to use in the eggs, then added about 3/4 lb of ground beef and browned it. Then I added 3 small cans of tomato sauce and half a small can of tomato paste, plus spices.
- For the spaghetti squash, simply cut in half length wise, scoop out the seeds and brush with olive oil. Season as desired and place cut side down in 400 degree oven for 35 minutes. This was a really small squash, or else I normally cook them a little longer.
- The pulled pork was a convenience item – Del Real Carnitas. It’s just the pork – no crazy sauces or seasoning, so it’s very versatile. I’m mixing it with my signature bbq sauce or with salsa and avocado for lettuce wrap tacos.
- Egg muffins: I sprayed my silicone muffin tin with cooking spray and put a piece of ham in each section. You kind of have to fold it in to create a cup. I added a little bit of my sauted onions to each cup, about 1/2 tbsp of cheese to each cup, and then cracked an egg into each one. Sprinkled with salt and pepper. Baked at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- I also baked zuchinni slices for 20 minutes to add to the spaghetti and have with the pork.
It’s been a good weekend. Only partially ready for the week and getting back to work. Hoping I can be productive and be focused on getting my work done and not feel bored.